Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battery Service

• 22-03-2015 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭

Just spotted the warning saying to service the battery.
    macbook is mid 2012 with 340 cycles.
    what are my options here. leave it as is and get a little longer out of the battery before it packs it in completely. Or get it replaced asap if the latter option anybody have an idea of cost for a 13 MBP?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try calibrating the battery and see if that gets rid of the warning. If not you can continue using it but it will probably fail mid-percentage. My 2009 MBP battery has had this warning for years but I only use it plugged in so never bothered replacing it.

A battery service costs about 130 euro from Apple or an Apple authorised service provider. Alternatively you can buy a cheap Chinese knock off on EBay and do it yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You're supposed to get 1000 cycles out of built in batteries...

342766.png

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I had a similar issue with my old 2010 13" MBP right as my three year AppleCare was due to expire, however AppleCare doesn't cover batteries AFAIK.

Apple support agreed that the battery was faulty (400ish cycles) and would be replaced. They told me to take it to my local reseller, CompuB, who refused to repair it and ignored my protests that Apple had approved a replacement battery. I've mentioned here before that the repair guy seemed more keen to show off this diagnostic tools and tell me that I had replaced my RAM :rolleyes: than look up my support ticket number.

I called back Apple who apologised and sent me to Mactivate who replaced the battery without fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Over 1 and a half years ago my 2011 Macbook Air showed that exact same warning. I did nothing, it now says 'Condition: Replace Soon'. It's still working perfectly albeit at a lower capacity than when it was new. I generally get 4 - 5 hours of battery life which is still plenty for me.

I enquired with Compub about having the battery replaced. I was told if it had to be replaced it would take 7 days - I've since ignored them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Re calibrating seems to have work so will see how long more I can get out of it. Cheers for the help folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement