Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[PR] Phoenix Park Station opens Monday

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

KC61 wrote: »
    Which is exactly as it should be. Far too often in the past there have been major developments built with zero infrastructure. Now with both Adamstown and Phoenix Park the infrastructure has been built first, and we're still getting people complaining about it!!!
    Indeed. You can't keep people happy. Obviously the infrastructure han't really been provided as we need the Interconnector for both Adamstown and Phoenix Park to be exploited properly. Without the Interconnector it's just 2 more stations to squeeze folks onto trains that have nowhere to go. But your basic point I agree with entirely and the people complaining probably aren't doing so because the Interconnector isn't here yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

KC61 wrote: »
    I would certainly accept that - hence my final comment re clockface services and 8-car trains. This station will not have heavy usage for some time, and by the time it does, there needs to be a full clockface service (DART), and a full resignalling of the line, which is what is planned. No they're not all being delivered together, but I cannot see the passenger throughput of this station being particularly high for sometime to come.

It is of course only one part of the jigsaw. Pressure needs to be maintained to ensure that the other parts are delivered and put into place.

We are on the same page and you are right when you say that this station won't see heavy usage for some time. My only fear is that the interconnector won't happen and it could all go pear shaped very quickly. Please excuse my lack of belief in Government. Its based on years of experience and history and makes me sound like a nark, but believe me I want it all to happen. I just can't stretch myself that far yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

murphaph wrote: »
    But your basic point I agree with entirely and the people complaining probably aren't doing so because the Interconnector isn't here yet!

Very vaild point. We need to make the interconnector a political issue and not a transport issue. Afterall it actually benefits people from Louth, Meath, Wicklow, Kildare, Laois, Westmeath and Longford. They just don't know it yet.

Making it political, puts it on a footing similar to the WRC or Navan. While the course of the interconnector route doesn't include a huge electorate willing it or even caring about it, all the lines that it benefits carries more electoral clout than the above mentioned projects. That aspect needs to be spelt out and very loudly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

gazzer wrote: »
    There's a lot of spaces, not sure of the exact amount but a lot.
    I cycled into the car park yesterday. The highest number car park space is 100. 4 or 5 of them are reserved for disabled drivers (or ignorant lazy a-holes).

The entrance to the car park has signs mentioning paying for car parking!

Aside: I saw a BMW in Annfield estate (near enough to Coolmine station). It seemed to be rather proud of its "It is illegal to park here" sticker from Irish Rail. So, not only is this driver an a-hole, he/she is too lazy to do the 12 min walk to the station. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭marmajam

Ahh a-holes, my favourite word.
    Yure right THEY'RE ALL A_HOLES.
    The RPA, the IE, the NRA, the government, all non public figures, commuters, drivers, pedestrians, non pedesrtians, the public........
    though to be honest, not ALL are a-holes.
    Some of them are ludramauns.
    I know they are........... cos' a bloke down the pub told me.......

Advertisement