Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervision / Class Swop (Class Away)

Options
  • 23-11-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I've opted out of S&S in an ETB school.

If my class is away on a trip tomorrow (double class), can I be legitimately be asked by management (DP) to swop into supervising another class at that time for one of the teachers that is away on the trip ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

In my school yes and we have very strong union rep so I'd imagine that's correct but someone else might know for definite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'm ETB and thats a given. There used to be more of a windfall but with all the cuts I just assume if my class is away I'll be caught

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kalimera

Yes, but only to cover for a colleague who is taking your class out. This applies whether you are in the S&S scheme or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Yes- its the extra s&s that was formerly paid that we've opted out of. I don't mind as its just swopping the class I should be teaching for supervising someone else's and hopefully getting a bit of correction done. Plus if I take my TY class somewhere I don't feel bad that someone else is covering my class as we all do it for TY trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Yes, its not considered S&S....when your class is away you always cover the class of any teacher gone with them !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Razorfish wrote: »
    Hi All,

If my class is away on a trip tomorrow (double class), can I be legitimately be asked by management (DP) to swop into supervising another class at that time for one of the teachers that is away on the trip ?

Thanks

As far as I know, you can be, as it's part of your teaching hours. The S&S is about extra hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Yes, it detailed in some circular somewhere that I read before.

Basically, as the others said, you can always be asked to cover class X if class your class Y is away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

Razorfish wrote: »
    Hi All,

Thanks

YES

Advertisement