Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is a good bluetooth fm transmitter?

Options
  • 23-03-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for a good bluetooth fm transmitter,

My car doesn't have a head unit with Bluetooth built in ( I do have a hands free kit with BT .. but not sure i can use that . Hands free has it's own speaker and is not linked / connected to the head unit)

I'm just looking to be able to play audio from my phone over the car speakers.

I got one years and years ago from my g/f's car and it was brutal... so looking to see what people us and can recommend.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

FM transmitters are awful sound quality, if you tell us the car you have or the head unit make and model, I can recommend an aux (headphone) cable to look your phone straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i've a 2006 honda accound.. default stock headunit... i don't want to buy / install a new head unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

NeVeR wrote: »
    i've a 2006 honda accound.. default stock headunit... i don't want to buy / install a new head unit.

You can get units that slip onto the back connector of the radio, thye usually take the place of a CD Changer inputs. Install in about 5 mins flat and some have the advantage of charging your phone as well.

Issue will be however that you can't take a call and use your hands-free if its engaged. Same with an FM Transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭cletus

What ironclaw is talking about is an fm modulator, but I don't know that they are Bluetooth, normally they give you an aux in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

cletus wrote: »
    What ironclaw is talking about is an fm modulator, but I don't know that they are Bluetooth, normally they give you an aux in

No, I'm not :confused:

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

One of these. Depends on the head unit but they are available for most cars. Some head units have a port for them, others like I said sit in the middle and mimic a CD Changer or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

I am using this thing http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NH8ALH4/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1427138839&sr=1&keywords=aukey+bluetooth from last 2 weeks and i found it great. Loud & clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭cletus

ironclaw wrote: »
    No, I'm not :confused:

$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

One of these. Depends on the head unit but they are available for most cars. Some head units have a port for them, others like I said sit in the middle and mimic a CD Changer or similar.

Apologies

Advertisement