Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studying Medicine in the UK ?

• 14-06-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey hoping someone can help me out.

For my leaving cert Im going to be studying biology, ag. science and business along with Maths, Irish, English and German.

After the leaving I was hoping to study medicine in the UK.

Im wondering if anyone out there has or is currently studying medicine in england and if so what were the entry requirements when you applied. As in leaving cert grades and the subjects you need and also what college are you studying in.

I would be grateful for any replies. Have researched the internet but it isn't very clear. ..............................confused.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 newyorkdoll

Hey there!

I'm hoping to study medicine in the UK too for 2011 entry.

I've already completed year one of a degree in Scotland (I did radiography, but regretted not applying for med the whole year long, and plus I hated my uni, so its year out and off to do med hopefully)!

Check out www.ucas.com specifically the course search. Click on the uni/course you are interested in and you should see "entry profile" in the list of links that comes up. This usually tells you the entry requirements for that specific course.

You do need a strong science background also and you definately have that with the biology and maths but I think some unis might look for two sciences!

Bear in mind that you have to apply for the UKCAT (an aptitude test required by most medical schools in the UK)

Advertisement