Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Visa questions.

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Well,

I was lucky enough to get one of the 2012 Working Holiday Visas in Canada. I went out there for a few months, got myself a nice job but got very unlucky in a housing situation... and ended up home on some false promises (I'm 23, what do you expect. Sense and good decisions? :pac:). So now, I'm back on my tod.

I want to be back out there. I have a place to stay out there with an old friend who just got on his feet (better late than never, but no chance of the same job back-- different province). Since I have a nice place, I might be able to get a nice job again. From there, I need to know my options. I have until the end of June on my Visa.

I want to stay in Canada for good. I'm done in Ireland, I need a good wage and a good life as I have people I love and want to take care of. I'm getting conflicting information from USIT, the IEC and all that so I have no idea.

Can I get my Working Holiday Visa extended? If so, how do I do it? Do I need a skilled job the first year, or do I have more time than that?

Also, does the announcement of the Canadian working Visa being extended and expended affect/benefit me in any way?

Thank you. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

No you cant extend your current IEC visa.
    But you should be able to apply for a new IEC when the program reopens for 2013 assuming you meet the criteria for it.
    Check if the province you are moving to has a Nominee Program then all you need to apply for PR is an job offer letter from your employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoifejudgeaj

Just got on quota now for Canada. Applied for it already but was put on waiting list. Does anyone know if I need to get new police checks again? Or will the ones from February do ? Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

They're valid for 3 months, for the purposes of CIC. So you'll need another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement