Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2015 Babies Club

Options
  • 12-05-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Don't think one has been started. Due the 2nd of January. Can't wait to tell everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Congratulations! Due 08/01 Am soo excited this our first!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

Congrats to you too. Hope you are feeling well. I have terrible nausea but it was the same on my first. I am booked into the Coombe and the Domino scheme. Was Holles street semi private last time.

No nausea so far! Fingers crossed I'm in the coombe too just got my letter this morning!

Great getting your appointment letters. Roll on the twelve week scan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

aww ladies,congrats:)
    I have Jan 09,11 and 2013 babies and it is a lovely time of the year for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Daisy Dalzer

Hello all! I'm due January 4th with our first.. Booked into Holles Street- first proper scan in August! Congrats everyone!

Hi Daisy, congrats and welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Plumella

Hi all

I am due my first and am super excited.

Have early scan friday week as doctor unsure of expected due date. It could be dec 6th or jan 6th.

Reason we are unsure is that i had what i believed was a period but then 5dpo i did a pregnancy test, clear blue, that said 3+ weeks! So for now i will say jan as dont want to get my hopes up that baby might come sooner!

So for now i would love to join jan group x x

Welcome Plumella. Good luck with the scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Looks like I'm in the Jan '15 group too! Just found out yesterday - super excited and scared! Many congratulations to you all and I'm sure we'll have much to talk about over the coming months - I for one will need all the support I can get! xxxx to you all!

Congrats! It's a bit of a shock for us too and we were trying! Anybody
    Going for an early scan?

Congrats! It's a bit of a shock for us too and we were trying! Anybody
    Going for an early scan?

Thanks 'all4shopping' and congrats to you too! This is going to sound like I'm as thick as a brick but 'how early' can you have a scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi was waiting for this thread to start :) did a test thursday and was positive dates say I'm due jan 1st :)
    Just told a handful of family will tell friends etc later on !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Any body going to the Coombe?? Also do I need to send off a form to get an appointment as well as the one the doctor sends??

Hi to all. Holles street do a scan at twenty weeks but the coombe do one at twelve. Not sure about the Rotunda.You can pay to have a scan done privately from around seven.
    Lash of eye, I sent the form from the website in as well as the doctors letter to the Coombe and I was telephoned the next day with my date for my scan. You can fax it too. Might speed things along. I am due the second so we could be there at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Aww congrats everyone. Such an exciting time. I'm part of the due January 14 group.
    Was due my little dude the 2nd of Jan but he decided to hang on till the 16th.

Enjoy every minute, it goes so fast xx

budweiser6 wrote: »
    Thanks 'all4shopping' and congrats to you too! This is going to sound like I'm as thick as a brick but 'how early' can you have a scan?

I have a private scan booked for 8weeks 2days, just because I am so nervous!

lashofeye wrote: »
    Any body going to the Coombe?? Also do I need to send off a form to get an appointment as well as the one the doctor sends??

By Gp sent in a form to them last thurs for an appointment, got a form Monday to fill out with mine and baby's dads details and said when they got that back they would send out my first app, is that the same for everyone?

Same form is online. They didn't even want my doctors letter. You can just send the form in yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

Hi everyone and congratulations to you all!! I had a small scan with my consultant yesterday which is questioning my dates which I thought were mid dec but now look like 30th Dec so I might just float between here and dec '14 if that's ok???

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Hey Congrats to everyone. Like wicklori my dd is 29th december, but my last two were both born 14 days over, so i'm guessing number 3 will be the same. No real symptoms as yet apart from sheer exhaustion. The bra though i think will need to go up a size already and its only 7 weeks

My initial reaction of joy has turned into real fear the past 24 hours - Is this wrong to feel this way - I'm finding it all so overwhelming even though it's what we wanted I'm full of fear about everything! :( please tell me this is just hormones, it's been 18 years since my last pregnancy so I feel like it's my first!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

My initial reaction of joy has turned into real fear the past 24 hours - Is this wrong to feel this way - I'm finding it all so overwhelming even though it's what we wanted I'm full of fear about everything! :( please tell me this is just hormones, it's been 18 years since my last pregnancy so I feel like it's my first!
    AWWWW HORMONES!!! Try not to worry.... I can't relate to your exact situation but we havea 14 month old and are looking at moving continent before the baby is bor. I regularly get the heebeejeeebees and I really think hormones make everything worse! Your little baby is very much wanted and welcome and all will be well- but feck them hormones!

You're very kind wicklori - hope all goes well for you!

Hi Budweiser, I would definitely think it is hormones. You may be going through a surge and it can make everything seem like a mountain to climb. I had a meltdown at the weekend in terms of fear. Trying for years to get pregnant again (have one child)and now it's happened it's terrifying and amazing all at once. I think when you want something so bad and then it happens it really can be overwhelming and make you second guess yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

fall wrote: »
    Same form is online. They didn't even want my doctors letter. You can just send the form in yourself

You will need to bring a copy of the doctor's letter when you attend the Coombe for your first appointment though if you don't send it in with the form.
    I am 20 weeks on my first and am attending the Coombe as a semi private patient. I have been very happy with everything so far I'm happy to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Its your hormones. I remember bawling my eyes out one Saturday morning because it felt like I was going to be nauseated and tired forever and ever and that was before the baby came. Then when the baby would come I was convinced that I'd be too sick and tired to enjoy it or be a good mother and I'd be a horrible wife for my husband to have to live with and I've never feel like my old normal self ever again. ........................

Two days later (when I hit magical week 14) I woke up feeling like my old self, had energy again, actually wanted to eat breakfast and get up and do things.

It is daunting but fabulous and now that I'm not that long out of the first trimester and look back on it I wonder how the hell anyone gets through it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

Congratulations to you all. We have 4 with the last one a Jan 6th baby. Shouldn't be any more. We found out what was causing them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

Congratulations to you all. We have 4 with the last one a Jan 6th baby. Shouldn't be any more. We found out what was causing them!

My last one was a Jan 6th baby too :)

Advertisement