Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mazda 626 2000 - lights ..

• 27-03-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The lights that should illuminate the heater controls and cig lighter are not working. All other lights are ok. Bummer trying to adjust fan/heater in dark :(

Hardly one bulb doing it all - so i suspect a fuse .....

I cannot seem to find a fuse that might solve it. looked under bonnet and in box by accelerator. ....

I have this horrible feeling I have to dismantle the whole dash to get at a
    bulb holder(s) !

Any pointers ?

A.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

There wouldn't be a fuse for those lights alone. Likely one of or more of the bulbs has blown. The center console can be a pain to open up on some cars but the Japanese cars are normally easy enough. A 00 626 wouldn't use LED's or anything so the bulbs can be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Ok ! Let's get the panel off.....

I got the bezel off easily enough.
    I was able to see the ashtray bulb and it's connections.
    No 12 Volts at the bulb connector. Hmmm..........

I took out and examined all the fuses in the footwell fusebox. All fuses are OK.
    I don't think the fuses under the bonnet could be involved.

It now looks like a wiring disconnect somewhere behind the dash. Bugger !

The heater control panel is too complex to extract. I may just leave it till a
    fine sunny day....

If i only knew where the bulb for the heater knobs was(were).... How many damn bulbs could there be ? I know in some cars they have a plastic thingy that distributes the light from one bulb to multi points.

I've got a workshop manual as pdf and it shows no wiring circuits and never mentions the heater lights. :mad:

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have you tried belting the dash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was just about to write that, happened in an old car of mine.
    Never got around to fix it proper but a firm belt would sort it temporarily.

You need to have a look behind, most likely the wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Yes :)
    I did give it a slap - (reminds me of how we used to treat old valve radios when they misbehaved).

No luck sadly.

I was thinking , if I applied 12V to one of the wires on the ashtray light would it feed it back to (and light) the other lights - just as a temp to test them.....

The search goes on..

A.

• Advertisement
Advertisement