Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

Options
  • 20-01-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just wondering should I import the kill zone 3 helghast edition from gamestop.com to save money (works out 95euro there).. Would I get charged customs on this or what? Also what do you lot think of this edition?.. I was going to settle for collectors edition but now I want helghast edition..

Also will I have lag issues with an American game or can I switch servers like in kill zone 2? Thanks in advance and if you have better prices please let me know..

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

VideoGamesPlus doesnt have it :(

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=17380

You do get Socom 4 Beta free as well though for your €35

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hey,

I was just wondering should I import the kill zone 3 helghast edition from gamestop.com to save money (works out 95euro there).. Would I get charged customs on this or what? Also what do you lot think of this edition?.. I was going to settle for collectors edition but now I want helghast edition..

Also will I have lag issues with an American game or can I switch servers like in kill zone 2? Thanks in advance and if you have better prices please let me know..

Thanks,
    John

The servers will be fine or should be i don't remember a choice on the beta but 2 did have it, the DLC won't work with a EU account probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Maybe I will be best getting off HMV as it costs £99.99 there.. That works out as €118.. And won't get charge customs.. Just watching some of the single player vids this is going to be awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Maybe I will be best getting off HMV as it costs £99.99 there.. That works out as €118.. And won't get charge customs.. Just watching some of the single player vids this is going to be awesome!!

I think HMV.co.uk operate out of the channel islands or somewhere and is liable to customs

I think HMV.co.uk operate out of the channel islands or somewhere and is liable to customs

Damn that would suck if that was the case.. Can anyone confirm this..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

from their T&C
    vat
    For UK customers the prices payable for goods are as set out in the web site inclusive of VAT and any duties and local taxes where applicable. If goods are dispatched from Guernsey to a shipping address in the UK, HMV will collect UK import VAT from you on behalf of the consignee where necessary. Consignments sent from Guernsey to the UK of a value of £18 or under are relieved from import VAT under current legislation.

For purchases by UK businesses where goods are dispatched from Guernsey, no evidence of payment of UK import VAT can be provided.

For customers ordering for delivery from Guernsey to a country other than the UK the prices payable for goods are exclusive of VAT and local taxes and the customer is responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.

customs charges
    If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the UK, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that hmv has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. hmv recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes / duties that may be applicable to your on-line order. You will be the importer of record and responsible for any import VAT and duty that may be borne. In addition, any charges for import clearance will be borne by you, the customer.

Please note that when shipping goods from Guernsey, cross border shipments may be subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. In respect of all goods dispatched to you to an address outside of Guernsey, you are deemed to be the importer of the goods and must therefore comply with all the laws and regulations of the country into which the goods are being delivered.

So am I safer getting from America? Also which site would be best amazon, best buy or gamestop and would I get the item before or around the Irish release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So am I safer getting from America? Also which site would be best amazon, best buy or gamestop and would I get the item before or around the Irish release date?
    I used CD Universe to get my Batman Arkham Asylum CE and, despite being only $8 shipping, it was the best packed item I think I ever received. You'll probably get hit with duty by them but I certainly can't recommend them enough.

There prices very expensive for kill zone standard edition..

There prices very expensive for kill zone standard edition..
    It works out as $163.48 or €101.67 for the Helghast Edition shipped to Ireland, I'm guessing that bust is pretty heavy since the shipping is $26.49. :(

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    It works out as $163.48 or €101.67 for the Helghast Edition shipped to Ireland, I'm guessing that bust is pretty heavy since the shipping is $26.49. :(

Is this on cd universe? I seen no helghast edition.. Yeah it must be heavy is right.. I wish game where selling the helghast edition.. 101 ain't too bad though but if I got caught with customs I'd be decked.. Do you guys think I would get caught customs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Buy regualr edition and have money left over for two extra games. Return to Gamestop a few weeks down the line and they'll be delighted to offload their excess stock that's taking up so much room.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Buy regualr edition and have money left over for two extra games. Return to Gamestop a few weeks down the line and they'll be delighted to offload their excess stock that's taking up so much room.

Like wait for them to drop price of helghast edition? Tbh with gamestop I can't see this happening

Is this on cd universe? I seen no helghast edition.. Yeah it must be heavy is right.. I wish game where selling the helghast edition.. 101 ain't too bad though but if I got caught with customs I'd be decked.. Do you guys think I would get caught customs?
    Yep, this is on CDUniverse, here's the link.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Doesn't always happen with some limited editions. Look at the GoW3 Ultimate Edition, it's still full price even a year after launch. Nevermind those SEs which simply can't be bought new anymore.

Sidenote: If anyone has the original Assassins Creed SE with the Altair figurine, PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Like wait for them to drop price of helghast edition? Tbh with gamestop I can't see this happening

Could happen. I've seen a few special editions dropped in price. Fallout 3 (€20), bioshock 2(€30), MW2(€50). Its a risk waiting thou if you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always happens. I've seen the Halo Reach Legendary Edition going for €60 recently.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Customs are supposed to be checking everything these days, so chances are yes.

Advertisement