Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card and College Fees

Options
  • 22-03-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have been issued a Medical card recently and I need to know what myself and my family are entitled to. I hope to have two children going to college in September and I am wondering if college fees are covered.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

jonver wrote: »
    I have been issued a Medical card recently and I need to know what myself and my family are entitled to. I hope to have two children going to college in September and I am wondering if college fees are covered.:cool:

Haha, think you have the wrong froum! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

If you are eligible for a grant your fees a waived AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

If you are wondering if college fees are covered by the medical card in the same way that the Leaving Cert fees are then, no its not the same.

You will have to apply to SUSI for the third level grant in respect of each of your kids. Wiavers of college fees are dealt with there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No
    Medical cards do not cover college fees

Grant information at www.studentfinance.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement