Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Count Of Monte Cristo

Options
  • 27-09-2003 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

This just popped into my head when I found out that it was written by the same man who wrote Pirates Of The Carribean, Jay Wolpert.
    I just had to include this for anyone idiotic enough to point out that it was originally written by Alexandre Dumas. Duh Einstein! I meant written for the screen.

Personally I thought this was a brilliant movie, I couldn't really find fault with it at all, it seems very well reguareded by most people I know who have seen it, and it's got a great rating on imdb.com. Yet I dont ever remember it being in the cinema, or it having been advertized, or anything. In fact, it seems to have gone generally unheard of by most people.

Why?

Did anyone else here see it?
    What did you all think?

Vastly under-rated, or deserving to be forgotten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

twas alright.
    Like most book conversions it looses out in the translation to film. But this film suffers a bit more than most because it doesnt stick closer to the book when it comes to his eventual revenge. Quickly forgotten, unlike the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

i saw it in the cinema and was quite surprised by it. i had read it before hand, but i thought the film did the book justice. i hadn't heard it was going to be made into a film untill about a week before the release. It was very under-rated but was very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

i saw it being filmed! Most of the beachs scenes where filmed near Brittas and of course the mansion at the end was powerscourt house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

It was a very good film but i did enjoy the book Frugu has an excellent point, buy the book, well worth the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly suprised. I never read the book either so I didn't have anything to compare it with which probably helped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement