Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Enfield Haunting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Any ideas as to how one might see this if they don't have Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

just watched the first episode.

I like it but I don't think it's 100% accurate and it's a TV show after all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

celica00 wrote: »
    just watched the first episode.

I like it but I don't think it's 100% accurate and it's a TV show after all.

Oh you can bet your bottom dollar it's not accurate, they've added plenty of bells and whistles to make it more scary and marketable.

The second episode is a let down, turns more into a melodrama and the whole
    scary ghost voice and digital flies are really badly done

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

maccored wrote: »
    I wouldnt say its been debunked at all. certainly hasnt been proven to have happened though. I dont understand why there is no proper video footage to be honest. they had the gear at the time.

If you search "Enfield Poltergeist Tapes" on youtube you should be able to find recordings.

I would share the link but I am new to the forums so I can not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Yemowt wrote: »
    If you search "Enfield Poltergeist Tapes" on youtube you should be able to find recordings.

I would share the link but I am new to the forums so I can not.

all that comes up are the audio recordings

• Advertisement

all that comes up are the audio recordings

That would be what I mean, well worth a listen though.

That would be what I mean, well worth a listen though.

aye, the audio recordings are one thing, and explainable it has to be admitted. I was wondering where the video footage was. theres bound to have been some. they did say they had technical issues, but things were happening for years. they couldnt have had technical issues for years.

aye, the audio recordings are one thing, and explainable it has to be admitted. I was wondering where the video footage was. theres bound to have been some. they did say they had technical issues, but things were happening for years. they couldnt have had technical issues for years.

True, but I do not think any of them could have made that voice.
    It would have damaged their voices.

True, but I do not think any of them could have made that voice.
    It would have damaged their voices.

apparently it is possible and not that hard to do - I cant remember the term for it mind you. granted yes, most people can only talk like that for short periods of time. doesnt mean she couldnt though.

apparently it is possible and not that hard to do - I cant remember the term for it mind you. granted yes, most people can only talk like that for short periods of time. doesnt mean she couldnt though.

I can do that. But she was reported by many people for doing it for over 2 hours!

Scientists say that for a girl of her age if she did it over 10 minutes she would have done permanent damage to her voice.

• Advertisement

I can do that. But she was reported by many people for doing it for over 2 hours!

Scientists say that for a girl of her age if she did it over 10 minutes she would have done permanent damage to her voice.

maybe she has a unique gift when it comes to doing that. just like people who can bend their fingers back or who are double jointed

maybe she has a unique gift when it comes to doing that. just like people who can bend their fingers back or who are double jointed

I do not think so :) It could not be her.

But I am not saying that it was not any of the other people there.

Advertisement