Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£G dongle setup on android 4.0

Options
  • 23-03-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask so here goes.
    I recently got a 9" android 4.0 tablet as a present. The wifi works great at home but i have no connection when out and about. I am undergoing hospital treatment 3 times a week for four hours each so i wanted to surf the net while in hospital. No wifi connection in the hospital so i got a 3G dongle(HUAWEI E3131) from a local phone shop. I was told initially in the shop that it should work on a tablet. When i plug it in it says USB mounted so i think its seeing the dongle but nothing happens. I went to the phone providers web site and got the amdroid settings and followed the instructions but still no joy. I went back to the shop and was told it would work only on a windows tablet or p.c . I spent €40 on this dongle(free €40 credit so actually a free dongle) and nw told i need to spend another €50 on a different dongle. AAAARGH!!. can anyone help to set this up or am i fighting a loosing battle?

Advertisement