Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Akira - Which DVD to get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I have the third one there and it' grand.
    If dubs are your thing I suppose you could go for the one with the new dub, as it's supposed to be better than the original.
    I watch it subbed though, so that doesn't effect me.

Anglewhore asked this question before too. Cant remember which one he got in the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I got the 'Ultimate Collection' DVD.

Didn't really have much of a choice, because that's the only one they had in the shop. But I stick by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Makaveli
    you could go for the one with the new dub, as it's supposed to be better than the original.
    Gah noooo!
    I got the one with the new dub - and they cut out all the swear words... the new dub is probably technically better, but it's pretty lame without the foul-mouthedness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I have the Ultimate collection too it's good because you get the original and the digitally remastered one.. I prefer the video in the remastered version and the audio (dubbing) in the original 1..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have the limited edition R1 Tin and it rocks. Damn I love Akira must go and watch it again :)

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i have the 2 disc r2 one and its fine.

as for the dub, why bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

the remastared dubbing is really bad compared to the origional! plus the voice changes is really noticeable plus as mentioned the swearing is removed and the script was rewrote for these scenes, which i really didn't like, but the remastered video is that bit better, ordering the Ultimate collection version as soon as i get my hands on a credit card, have the video version. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Get This one because we all know DTS is the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I would just go with the Region 2 two-disc collection, although the Region 1 version may be superior, its pretty pricey.

Its presented in a nicely designed digipack and has this lovely fresh smell of workmanship when you open it for the first time. It has good extra features (and stickers) to complete a very nice package. While I cannot comment on this new version (maybe more people can give some input), I'm positive that you can't go wrong with any version - they're more or less the same and all feature the same great film.

Advertisement