Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a lively Wedding band

• 13-06-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm getting married in a years time in the Roscommon area. It will be relatively small wedding with approx. 80-90 people. Does anyone know of a good lively wedding band that can play to all from grannies/grandads to uncles/aunts and also to a young crowd? Basically a good mix of music to keep everyone happy. Also looking for the band to do DJ as well if possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 olly

Hey there, if i was to suggest a band i'd go with the Sonny Ward band. They played at 3 of my families weddings and had everyone up on the dancefloor at some stage or another, basically everyone from the grannies to the young uns' (like me) had a ball and loved theml.
    Unfortunately i think sonny is no longer leadin the band but as far as i know the rest are still goin under another name but i dont know what it is!
    I hope that was helpful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 olly

oh and DJ Dermot does a good job too, or DJ Ritchie :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 spp

Hass anyone heard of the band Eden based in the midlands?

http://www.epicgraphics.com/eden/v1

If anyone has been to a function where they have played i'd like to hear their opinions on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

if you post this over on www.weddingsonline.ie you should get more/better replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

After Dark is what ya want. Pricey though. They're from Carlow/Kildare I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rayzor

try dejavu - good lively band with a great mix of music they're based in Galway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Doonbeg jaaazz

spp wrote:
    I'm getting married in a years time in the Roscommon area. It will be relatively small wedding with approx. 80-90 people. Does anyone know of a good lively wedding band that can play to all from grannies/grandads to uncles/aunts and also to a young crowd? Basically a good mix of music to keep everyone happy. Also looking for the band to do DJ as well if possible.

Hi.
    we are a seven piece band, line up ; trumpet, alto and tenor sax, guitar, drums, keyboard and bass. We play Dixie and Swing Jazz (no heavy stuff!!) smooth standards, and a fair bit of Ska!! (can also throw in a few Waltzes if you like!)
    We are based in Clare and would love to play at your wedding!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

www.rockahulababy.net

These guys are bleeding great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭srvhead

Have you tried The Jury based in Portlaoise. The play current chart hits right back to 50's classics and throw in the waltzes for the elderly as well. a highly entertaining band. email them at thejury@eircom.net to arrange see them. The play all over the midlands and beyond and are keenly priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DMPR

Definitely check out milhouse from Galway on milhouseformusic.com......excellent and play everything!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

the mojitos_ based in naas, they do an elvis set in the middle and can do dj too, theyre playing a gig on valentines night nearby if youd like to go see them i can Pm you the details.dont think im allowed to post it here.

Advertisement