Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey and red lemonade

Options
  • 29-07-2015 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Came across this the other day and was wondering have many people tried. Whats your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭madpaddy88

yeh sup of jemmy and red does be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Red lemonade is a very popular mixer with southern comfort and that's kind of a whiskey, so yeah I'd say it would do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jameson & Red with ice does the trick for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Came across this the other day and was wondering have many people tried. Whats your thoughts?

Was all the rage back in the 70s when I worked as a lounge boy. Pint of Guinness and a jemmy and red was the order of the day. We didn't charge for the red either.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭AvyStreet

Lovely mix at the right time. Plenty of red for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jayz, I haven't had red lemonade since I was a chisler (let's say north of 30 years). A drop of that might actually make whiskey palatable to me. Cola makes it too sickly sweet, perhaps red lemonade might be a half way house.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yakuza wrote: »
    Jayz, I haven't had red lemonade since I was a chisler (let's say north of 30 years). A drop of that might actually make whiskey palatable to me. Cola makes it too sickly sweet, perhaps red lemonade might be a half way house.

Have you tried ginger ale?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Every auld fella in the pub where I worked when I was a young brat drank either powers and red or powers and water along with their pint.

So yeah, it's been tried before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Can't get red lemonade outside of Ireland :(
    I'd probably go back onto the whiskey if I could find it over here ...even though it used to give me the worst hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can't get red lemonade outside of Ireland :(
    I'd probably go back onto the whiskey if I could find it over here ...even though it used to give me the worst hangovers.

You could try Iron Bru. Not the best but can do the job....badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Can't stand whiskey generally, but I can just about stomach it with (plenty of) red lemonade if there's no alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Can't stand whiskey generally, but I can just about stomach it with (plenty of) red lemonade if there's no alternative.

So you're having red lemonade with whiskey mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Sam Kade wrote: »
    So you're having red lemonade with whiskey mixer?

I'd drown the whiskey in so much red lemonade that you'd hardly taste the whiskey. I'm just not a whiskey lover. I'd be the opposite way around with vodka though, just a sniff of a mixer with that :)

Advertisement