Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming build

Options
  • 14-12-2014 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

i have been looking at a few build and have come up with this

AMD FX-6300 Prozessor, Boxed, Sockel AM3+
    WD Blue 1TB 6Gb's
    EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked, 2GB DDR5, PCI-Express
    Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Window, USB 3.0 - schwarz
    EVGA 500W,White,3Yrs Wnt
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133, CL9-11-11-31
    ASUS M5A97 R2.0, AM3+, ATX
    Windows 8.1 32Bit Eng Intl (SB-Version) DVD
    this go's to €620 in total

i will be playing games mostly like rust and dayz and maybe a bit of recording gameplay.
    i can go up to €650 max with the os included and dont need, mointer, mouse or keyboard.
    will that build work? and whats the best size mointer, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 expertrhino

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

can you use windows 10 until you get enough money together for a paid OS? Windows 10 will be free until 3rd quarter of 2015 i believe. Thats about 70 euro that i would pump straight into the CPU. Dayz is CPU intensive, currently i am getting between 20 - 25 fps in cities and 30 - 40 outside. This is far from ideal, in the new year i will be upgrading to an intel 7 but that's just because i don't want to have to spend more money next Christmas. If im honest, the fx 6300 was ok for me with a budget build but if i could choose, i wouldn't pick it again.

You say you dont need a monitor? I have a 22 inch and its fine for my needs at the moment.

I will spec a build if i can now shortly once i get updated info. Sterling Archer, if he comes along can help you best.

Which website did you use to get your prices?

i used hardwareversand to get the prices

ran through https://geizhals.de to get a 7 - 10 % discount? how about dropping the windows OS for the moment and the screen is needed or not?

i ran it threw that website for the €620 and the screen is not needed, but i would like to have the os, but i can do without it if needs be

• Advertisement

the build you have will work as far as i can tell, better than consoles a damn sight, but you may find yourself in my predicament this time next year, putting more money in.

Saving 88 euro on windows now means a better CPU, much better.

http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/Sockel+1150/78034/Intel+Core+i5-4430+Box%2C+LGA1150.article

It also means a new MOBO: http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/DDR3/151626/ASRock+Fatal1ty+B85+Killer%2C+Sockel+1150%2C+ATX.article

Unless im wrong, this should prove a lot better performance wise, shouldnt be much more expensive than what you had down already. Remember, Windows 10 is free to download at the moment

thanks, i think i might go with the i5

Advertisement