Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitting a Thermostat to a pump

• 10-12-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I have a wood pellet boiler. The circulation pump is on a timer with theboiler so that once the heat comes on the water starts to circulate and oncethe heat is switched off the pump stops. How difficult would it to fit a thermostat on the pump to delay startingcirculating until the water temperature reaches 45ºC when the heat comes on andnot stopping circulating until the temp goes below 45ºC. Would I need an electrician/plumber to do thid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

i donno about the should ya or shouldnt ya.

but i should be pretty simple. just brake the live going to the pump and wire it to a stat. thats providing it doesnt have a flow sensor to stop it firing if the pump doesnt run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

cantwbr1 wrote: »

I have a wood pellet boiler. The circulation pump is on a timer with theboiler so that once the heat comes on the water starts to circulate and oncethe heat is switched off the pump stops. How difficult would it to fit a thermostat on the pump to delay startingcirculating until the water temperature reaches 45ºC when the heat comes on andnot stopping circulating until the temp goes below 45ºC. Would I need an electrician/plumber to do thid?
    Not too hard at all most plumbers should be capable of this and from my ex sparks can't comprehend wiring heating systems of pumps to stats

You need an spur to be wired close to the pump, earth and p. live to stat and s.live to pump with n and e and test it to make sure it's correct before letting the installer leave. If the stove is cool turn the stat all the way up and the pump should remain off and turn it all the way down and it shoul come on, given that the house is about 15'c or higher, and the set it to your required temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I had the same issue with my WP boiler, takes about 30mins to get up to 60 degrees - I had underfloor so pumps would kick in and start pushing the water around at a lower temp, hence it would take an eternity to hit the 60degree and modulate down. I solved it by putting it on its own channel on a Horstman time clock - so channel 1 would turn on the boiler then after a while channel 2/3 would kick in with pumps as required.

Advertisement