Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda recruitment appeals process

Options
  • 16-11-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

to anyone that has failed a stage, how do you appeal, what did you incluse in the appeal and were you successful or not in this appeal??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

I failed job simulation at stage 3. You can ask for a recheck (although minus chance it will make a difference is what I have gathered). Just email them and ask for recheck. On the other hand there seems to be a lot of confusion around the instructions for job simulation so perhaps this is grounds for appeal? ?? Some people answered every question in each senario add though they were independent whereas others ranked each of the questions in order of merit. That is they would have given one question a rating of excellent another good another adequate and so on. The instructions are to blame I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lyonsie01

i seen on a different that the pass rate for job simulation and report writting is 400, where people are getting this pass maek i dont know. i failed on verbal reasoning, the result said Not Verified. i am going to appeal this as iv passed everything else. i dont know why they dont write the result here as with the 2 pervious exams instead of writting Not Verified

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Your in a different environment and the pressure is greater which might explain why there is a discrepancy in your results. Although perhaps the discrepancy has to be very big? I think you have to have a good reason for not performing well though otherwise everyone would have to resit again. Glad there it's another campaign starting soon though!

ya, thank god theyv announced a new one, and hopefully it wont take 2 years to get to this stage again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ppaddy

Not sure what the pass mark were from the report writing and job simulation???
    Anyone know?

• Advertisement

from the other threads its looking like 400 was the pass level, but i cant see where they got that figure

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Can anyone let me know how to go about appealing. What is the procedure . Someone opened this thread but none has give a direct reply. Many thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Email them at gardatrainee2016@publicjobs.ie and list your reasons and ask for a resit or review or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

I've been in contact with public jobs and they refered me to page 14 and 15 of the Information Booklet ''Notes for applicants''

Advertisement