Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admob for Android; can't see google play services in Eclipse

Options
  • 11-02-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Acording to the google developers page, this is easy

Incorporating Google Mobile Ads into your app is a straightforward process:

Add and reference the Google Play services library project in your Eclipse workspace.
    Add a meta-data tag in AndroidManifest.xml.
    Declare com.google.android.gms.ads.AdActivity in the manifest.
    Set up network permissions in the manifest.

Thing is that when i click properties->Android, there is no sign of the google play services. My android sdk is the latest version yet when i do a search of filesystem, i dont find it.

I hope and pray im just doing something silly - has anyone any ideas? Ive googled and checked stackoverflow to death but no joy...

Thanks if you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Do you have google play services installed from the SDK manager? it's in the Extras section at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Do you have google play services installed from the SDK manager? it's in the Extras section at the bottom.

See screenshot. I dont think i have this. SDK manager just has the android stuff, not specific google bits. Not sure whats amiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Strange, mine is in that section. Only thing I can think of at the minute is to make sure your SDK is up to date, and eclipse plugin is up to date (although it should have no effect)

Advertisement