Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychic Christine Holohan on TV Fri29Sep

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Chriskavo wrote: »
    Censoring an opinion on 911 - free speech anyone?
    KenFromDublin/GodSays has received a temporary ban, after the expiration of which, he'll be free to post whatever he likes, once he/she sticks to forum and site rules. As you may be aware (and as any person familiar with the laws of this country would be), boards.ie is a private company registered in Ireland and like any private space, posters do not have an automatic right to say and do what they want here, especially when it involves deception, unpleasant personal invective, name-calling, ignoring forum rules and -- as I pointed out earlier -- threatening and abusive PM's.

This might well constitute normal behavior amongst 9/11 denialists, but it is unacceptable in this forum and on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Chriskavo wrote: »
    By A.Airlines -A 9/11 researcher, knowing that AA Flight 77 was a Boeing 757, noticed that AA’s website indicated that its 757s do not have passenger-seat phones. After he wrote to ask if that had been the case on September 11, 2001, an AA customer service representative replied: “That is correct; we do not have phones on our Boeing 757. The passengers on flight 77 used their own personal cellular phones to make out calls during the terrorist attack.”

This happened when a 911 'researcher' called AA in 2005 to ask if 757s have airfones, and was told (correctly) no.

The reason that they didn't in 2005 is they were removed after 2001 as they were not being used much anymore.

http://news.cnet.com/Verizon-to-upgrade-airplane-phones/2100-1033_3-835744.html

This then was used with the "and cell phones don't work from the sky" to prove that calls were faked.

But this shows how far-fetched the original claim is, that a conspiracy would fabricate impossible calls, and that somehow thousands of employees of AA and airfone would not spot this and it needed to be 'discovered' by a 911 'researcher' is entirely preposterous.

So yes flight 77 had airfone (as did all AA 757s at the time), airfone records of calls from that plane exist, cell phones do sometimes work from altitude, and if you look at the altitude data from flight 77, it spent most of its post hijack flight at under 22,000 ft (lower than a normal cruise height for a commercial liner) and the final 8 or 9 minutes under 7,000 ft - making cell phone use much more possible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Actually, what's funny about the whole 9/11 troofer movement is while they must have collectively spent millions of hours huffing and puffing about collusion from the White House, invisible missiles, building 7, mysterious phone calls, non-existent GSM networks etc, etc, etc, etc, is that none of them seem to have come up with a coherent reason why the White House (or the military or whoever) would concoct the conspiracy they did.

I mean, what's the point in telling everybody that 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi (and the rest from the UAE, Egypt and Lebanon) then wandering off and invading Afghanistan and then Iraq because of an alleged link with an unhappy Saudi fratboy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Here's an interesting article from the experts at Cracked.com.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15740_was-911-inside-job.html
    Even in a world where every structural engineering desk jockey is okay with mass murder, they're still not going to risk jail and career ruin and walk away from a huge book deal for ten grand. Oh, no, it's got to be millions, per person, just to make it worth it. Even a dedicated conspirator would need to know he or she was set for life.

Let's say they wrote 500,000 checks (hell, you've got more than 120,000 people in the American Society of Civil Engineers alone, and they'd be the first ones to speak out). Say the average payout was ten million (barely enough to live rich the rest of your life, but let's just say). So that's 500,000 times ten million which is...

...Five TRILLION dollars.

That's about half of the value of all goods and services produced in the United States last year. Therefore the 9/11 conspiracy was, in terms of payroll, the single largest employer in the history of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And in another startling display of hypocrisy from the Toofers, this video was falsely flagged and removed from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczqUDwAN5s&playnext_from=TL&videos=QG-GUl8rP5M&feature=sub

So watch and spread the video, in the name of the free speech the "Truth" movement pretends to fight for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hobbsknight

I am actually related to the policeman featuring in her book. I haven't actually meet him though. i havent read the book however my mother has. I would love to know more and read the book. I would love to know what he was like as he is dead know. Christine was very close with him and even went to his funeral. I would be fancinated to meet her. does she have a website or does anyone know how i can get in contact with her ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sam1273

Hi....
    I am also very interested in Christine Holohan and the story involving your uncel.. I am very sorry that he has passed away.
    I know your post was a few months ago, so if your still interested drop me a message and I will forward you Christine's mobile number. I met her in March of this year and was very impressed by her.
    Kind regards,
    Laura

Advertisement