Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything but the dress packages....

Options
  • 13-08-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I am just very recently engaged and have started the daunting task of looking for a venue.

I was wondering if anyone knew through experience or word of mouth any hotels that do packages which include everything for a wedding more or less bar the dress ie. Reception, Cake, Photographer, Band/DJ, Flowers etc.

I'm of the opinion this would be far less stressful to plan and will mean less deposits to pay/ organising people (read I'm lazy :D)

I have tried a google search and theres lots and lots of websites to trawl through so thought I would try here to try and narrow it down a tad..and obviously recommendations are so much more helpful than the hotels website. I should add although not too set in stone, I would like to have it Leinster area.

Thanks in advance, no doubt this won't be my last question!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I know ballybeg house do wedding packages like this. THough there are still some things you need to organise http://www.ballybeg.ie/ballybeg-wedding-special-rates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

The Station House Hotel in Kilmessan do an all inclusive package from about 7,000... I think it includes flowers, car, DJ etc as well as the meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Lucan Spa also do a package which includes flowers, wedding car, suits and a photographer (no DJ though)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Not sure of venues most would have a fair idea of who you could contact. Sounds like you need a wedding planner. I was onto this crowd to see how much they would cost and they aren't the worst. http://www.queensofneon.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sorry I know this in Cavan but if I was going down the whole package route I would defo consider slieve russell.

http://www.slieverussell.ie/downloads/Dare_to_Dream_2014_20151.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

For low hassle, get a wedding planner/stylist. If I was having another wedding, I think I'd do that. Not that I minded doing the organisation, but I think an experienced professional does it better, more efficiently, has good relationships with contacts already and can negotiate better deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 msdoc

I heard of Roganstown doing this but that was a few years ago. Not sure if they still do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

0ctober wrote: »
    The Station House Hotel in Kilmessan do an all inclusive package from about 7,000... I think it includes flowers, car, DJ etc as well as the meal

Highly recommend the Station House.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I am looking for a package like this too !!

I was looking at the Leixlip House hotel...their package even includes a honeymoon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Amber Springs have this package available, They do off peak discounts as well might be worth checking out.

The ‘Cheeky’ Wedding Offer
    €5500 for 100 Guests
    (Additional Guests €37.50pp)
    Full Day Photography
    Wedding Cake
    Full Nights DJ
    Sumptuous 4 Course Meal
    ½ Bottle of Wine per person

They also have this offer for €1000 so €6,500 all in

Video
    From Bridal prep until 5pm including 5 DVD copies
    1 Wedding Car

Choice of:
    2 Tone Cream 1930’s style Beauford,
    White Lincoln Limo (8 seater),
    2008 Silver Merc

Flowers
    Brides Bouquet
    2 Bridesmaids Bouquets
    8 Button Holes
    2 Thank You Bouquets
    Red Carpet & Pair of Bay Trees
    1 Church Arrangement & 12 Bows for pew ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

You only live once!! Why not make the most of it and enjoy the whole experience?! The build up and day itself will be a lot more enjoyable if you'd have input into them.

I know it's only my opinion and we're all entitled to ours, but I couldn't imagine anything worse than handing all the fun of one of the biggest events in our lives to complete strangers, and ending up with some generic package that is the same as every other event held there that year! And would you not be concerned with the quality?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Some people just really don't like wedding planning and want it to be as painless for them as possible - if getting an all-inclusive package gives them what they want with minimal stress so be it. I can understand it too for someone who's planning from a distance, having to plan trips home to traipse around venues and vendors is a complete and utter pain in the posterior.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Foleymoley

Were having ours in the Newgrange Hotel in Navan next week. They do a very good package and have a very helpful wedding planner to help you through everything. Would highlly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

The Waterside Hotel do an all-inclusive package. Think the Station House is their sister hotel. I personally love the shopping around for suppliers, but if you want quick and painless I have heard good things about both venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Got married in the Station House two weeks ago, the staff are so on the ball and all was just amazing, rave reviews from all the guests.

We didn't do the all inclusive as I wanted to pick our own suppliers but have friends who did it and were delighted.
    Their wedding coordinator,Sarah, is just great. Openly told us what would be a waste of money etc (ie ceremony musicians and the likes).
    Food is gorgeous and grounds beautiful for photos.
    We had our ceremony onsite (planned for outdoors but got the torrential rain) and indoors was really nice in the end.

Any questions, just ask.

The Waterside is the sister hotel and I would imagine use the same suppliers for the all inclusive.
    I know they were advertising for a new wedding coordinator recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Just saw on weddings on line that Waterside have dropped prices of wedding packages by 5% if that's any good?

Advertisement