Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to send used Brita Filter cartridges?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience with what to do with used Brita filter cartridges?

I've a bag full of them at home, i was going to just put them in the green bin , but is there a more official disposal method.

I did a bit of googling and can't find anything definite in Ireland, In UK there are places listed on their website where they can be dropped off, but nothing similiar here.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Back in 2011 I contacted them about this and got this reply. I don't know if it's still valid, but you could contact them via the website and ask.
    Dear Alun

Many thanks for your enquiry.

You can send your used refills to our office in Trim for recycling. We have a freepost address so we will cover the cost of postage. You can send your refills to:

Bluestone Sales & Distribution Ltd
    FREEPOST 46
    Oaktree Business Park
    Trim
    Co. Meath

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards
    Paul

Paul Bates
    Bluestone Sales & Distribution Ltd
    26 Oaktree Business Park
    Trim
    Co. Meath
    Ireland

Tel: 00353 46 9483100
    Fax: 00353 46 9483663

E-mail: pbates@bluestone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

I'm actually really glad that someone asked this. I just moved into an apartment not too long ago and I had to buy some Brita filters because of the water not being good. So, I'm glad that I know a place where I can send them safely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

envaction wrote: »
    I'm actually really glad that someone asked this. I just moved into an apartment not too long ago and I had to buy some Brita filters because of the water not being good. So, I'm glad that I know a place where I can send them safely now.

Last time I was in Argos (Ashbourne) they had a box that you could drop your used filters into, check your nearest Argos to see if they have the same facility.

Advertisement