Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilt / Re-used church

Options
  • 10-09-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I am trying to find out some info regarding a church at the following co-ordinates on Google Maps,

53.312123,-6.773973

There are ruins of a much older church in the yard, and the church seems to have been modernised at some point in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Hey folks,

I am trying to find out some info regarding a church at the following co-ordinates on Google Maps,

53.312123,-6.773973

There are ruins of a much older church in the yard, and the church seems to have been modernised at some point in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like it was extended between the time of the 6" map (late 1830's) and the 25" map which was done in 1908.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,681738,729726,7,9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Hi dubhthach,

Yes it has deffinitely been re-used and modernised but since abandoned, all the windows and doors have been walled up to about 8 feet from the ground.
    But it has a few features that I did find interesting, the spire is square outside but circular inside.
    However, mainly I wanted to find out about the ruin at the N.E. end.

Advertisement