Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 is free to play for all until Aug 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Been tempted to pick this up as looking for an online shooter, so much rejoicing. Is it me or is EA grasping this whole digital platform stuff better than everyone else: ability to return digital games, timed trials of full games, clean zippy interface.

25 Gb download though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

As far as I know, you can also choose it or "buy it" and it goes into your library, but you dont have to play it straight away, you can download it when you are ready and the timer (1 week) starts and you have the week to play.

At least thats what I think happens... I still have Titanfall from the last one and I havent played it yet.

- Sirinava

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fair play to EA for copying Steam free weekends and making it slightly different to be called original and good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fair play to EA for copying Steam free weekends and making it slightly different to be called original and good.

oh fuck off, they're letting people get the game free for a week and you still have to complain

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

oh fuck off, they're letting people get the game free for a week and you still have to complain

I keep to my impression that ea aren't trying to be steam, in that they are really just trying to keep their own rules and options. The want to present games in a way that earns them money and they can control the distribution etc. A bit like apple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sorry if you felt i insulted your team.

Advertisement