Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma heater

Options
  • 20-01-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    I have a 2006 Adria Adiva caravan, with the truma blow heater. Now when I turn it on, I can hear and feel the fan working, but cannot get heat from it either using the electric or gas… Any advice? Have read the manuals over and over but no success. Planning an early spring trip so would love the option of a heated van…

I replaced the battery in the sparker, but still can't seem to get that to work either.

Any help appreciated.

Oh, and while I'm at it… Anyone know where I can get spares for the Dometic fridge? Just need a turning knob (for selecting 12v/220/gas)..

Again, any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,648 ✭✭✭emmetlego

emmetlego wrote: »
    Hello.
    I have a 2006 Adria Adiva caravan, with the truma blow heater. Now when I turn it on, I can hear and feel the fan working, but cannot get heat from it either using the electric or gas… Any advice? Have read the manuals over and over but no success. Planning an early spring trip so would love the option of a heated van…

I replaced the battery in the sparker, but still can't seem to get that to work either.

Any help appreciated.

Oh, and while I'm at it… Anyone know where I can get spares for the Dometic fridge? Just need a turning knob (for selecting 12v/220/gas)..

Again, any help appreciated!

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Bump!

Did you try Pat Horan for advice? Does he not sell Adria's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Bump!

Did you try Pat Horam for advice? Does he not sell Adria's?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

My advice would be not to bollix around with it. Bring it to some one who knows what they're doing,Wally Charles,Pat Horan or the lad in KK. It may cost you a few €. But money well spent.
    My €0.02 worth.

I'm a plumber by trade, I was wondering if there was something common to try first. I imagine if I try, I can fix it, just trying to save the time! Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Is it actually sparking?
    Are all gas valves turned on?
    I had a problem with my fridge and it turned out to be moisture /water in the gas line preventing gas getting to the burner.
    Is the injector nozzle blocked?
    Some of these you can check yourself, others you will HAVE to get a certified engineer to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

Maybe a stupid question, but my camper's Truma is boiler and has to have the water on to work.

JonMac wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question, but my camper's Truma is boiler and has to have the water on to work.

Not stupid at all. Believe it or not, I'm thinking this is the problem! I think there is no water getting to the heater for some reason...

Thanks for the replies. I'm collecting her from storage on Thursday and will work on it then... Though the weather we have ahead of us, I sincerely doubt I'll need the heating this week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The sparkers often burn out. Easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Aidan, I've tried to pm you but it says your mail box is full(not bills I hope). Do you do services on caravans as well as MH's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Aidan, I've tried to pm you but it says your mail box is full(not bills I hope). Do you do services on caravans as well as MH's

I deleted a few pm's last night. Yes, I work on both, mostly motorhomes admittedly.

Advertisement