Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Camper Conversion

Options
  • 14-01-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a LWB 03 Transit crew cab. Its used for a band for touring a couple of times a year and is currenty taxed and insured as a commercial vehical. I've been told that I will save on both tax and insurance if i convert to a camper.

My question is what is the cheapest way to go about this?

I've been told that if its mechanically sound and as long as the vehicle has a Sink installed then it can be classed as a camper. This sounds too good to be true so I'm looking for help on this one please!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats bad info, read the revenue guidelines and they are a lot more specific.
    Need to have lots more than just a sink.
    Plus, I don't think you will get camper insurance for a vehicle that is used for commercial purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

It would take at least 3-4 years to save the cost of vrt, engineers reports let alone the cost of coverting it and then you wouldn't be covered from an insurance or revenue point of view for use in any kind of business related activity or carriage of goods. Also if it isn't high roofed you probably wont get it registered and even if you do you'll have serious trouble insuring it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

The 1.8 metre is not in enforced so height should not matter. Insurance maybe a prob with a lower height roof but I've never had an issue with my Transporter.

Advertisement