Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

Options
  • 03-04-2013 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

i know i am going to get slaughtered by pc guys but is the ps3 version of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution worth getting ?

its a old game so i am sure i can get it cheap and i am trying to get into turn based games.

only turn based games i have played is xcom enemy unknown and valkyria chronicles

any feedback be awesome

thank you :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

i know i am going to get slaughtered by pc guys but is the ps3 version of Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution worth getting ?

its a old game so i am sure i can get it cheap and i am trying to get into turn based games.

only turn based games i have played is xcom enemy unknown and valkyria chronicles

any feedback be awesome

Funny, I asked this question a while back. I went and got itAs a massive Civ fan myself, I keep thinking of what is missing and not what is there. That said, if you have never played Civ or you are not a Civ purist, then it is fun. Its got the basics of what makes a civ game great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

any feedback be awesome

If you don't have a PC, for sure, I'd recommend it. That said, if you do have a PC and want to get into turn-based games, Civ V can be picked up for cheap, and is a really accessible game (in comparison to something like Crusader Kings for example).

Taken in isolation, Civ Rev is quite enjoyable, but when you've played other Civ games, it pales in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

i went onto that system requirements website and it says i can run it but just about. i look out for it when steam do there price drops and get it then :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Civ Revolution is a great game imo. It kept a lot of what was in Civ IV and made it very playable on console, I thoroughly recommend it. Civ IV can run on any laptop/PC made in the last 5 years. Revolution is basically the skelatal remains of Civ IV so if you like revolution and looking for more in-depth gameplay, Civ IV would be the next step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

I've played both.Its enjoyable enough taken on its own but doesnt compare well against civ 4/5 on the pc.

If your pc cant play either of the above get it.If its your first civ game get it!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Civ Revolution is a great game imo. It kept a lot of what was in Civ IV and made it very playable on console, I thoroughly recommend it. Civ IV can run on any laptop/PC made in the last 5 years. Revolution is basically the skelatal remains of Civ IV so if you like revolution and looking for more in-depth gameplay, Civ IV would be the next step.

Or the first one and the only one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Polar101

Try the demo on PSN (if it's still there), if I remember right it lets you play the full game with a time limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Its a very 'consolised'* version of Civ, but it works very very well. I picked it up for the 360 there a while back, it seemed hard to find at a reasonable price actually

*runs for cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Always thought that the diplomacy was very very weak. It often comes to fighting wars on two fronts, while the fourth character builds a scenario victory in peace. Seems to happen no matter how much you try to grease the wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

found a used copy on amazon yesterday for 16 euros, seemed alright.

this is only to get my feet wet in a genre i know little about.

i will move onto civ 5 if i enjoy it

thanks everyone for there feedback , you all have being a big help :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

We have it for the 360. I'm a huge fan of the Civ series but this one really falls short. There's no depth to it at all and after your first 2 or 3 games you'll be rolling your eyes at the repetitiveness of it.

Civ V + Gods and Kings (gold edition, so all the DLC etc) can be had quite cheaply at the moment and is a thing of great beauty. There's a new expansion due in July, too, which is only going to make the game even better. I'd go for that if your PC can handle it.

Advertisement