Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling potatoes?

Options
  • 21-04-2012 4:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

For the last few years been growing alot of potatoes in my back garden. Started out as a hobby now just do it every year :)

But I always seem to grow well more than what can be consumed by my family. Is there any place I can sell harvested potatoes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

A local farmer's market?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

unless you have a serious surplus, i'd say it's not worth your while trying to sell them. curry favour with friends by giving them away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You would also need a "traders licence" to sell them to the public..

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

depending on location you could simply try an honesty box system......at the very least you will find out what the neighbours are really like;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

any surplus beetroot? offer 2eur/kg ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Maybe if you found someone rearing a few pigs they might be interested. If not for cash maybe for some real bacon.
    Or you could rear a pig yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

You also need a grower number for traceability which the Dept of Agriculture will supply for a fee. As said better to give them away free.

Advertisement