Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crosscuts for Chopping/Cheese Boards

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am hoping to make some chopping and cheese boards as Christmas presents and plan on using crosscuts with bark, hopefully cut across some interesting grain/knots etc.

Thickness would prob be a maximum of 2 inch.

Does anyone know of a good place close to Dublin I could go see and pick/choose ?

Also on another note - there are tree surgeons knocking down some of the huge old beech trees in Phoneix Park up by the zoo today. Does anyone know where the timber ends up ? I would love to get some of that - great history and would be cool to point to the stumps and tell the kids their furniture is made from it.

Cheers,
    Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Update - just wandered over to have a look in the Park and they're not beech trees - am unsure of the type of tree but are definitely softwood.

Advertisement