Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on mf 590 (multi power)

• 22-09-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

As above, Bought one at weekend everything working great,but when the neighbor saw it he said "they are an awful bad yolk, the worst tractor MF ever made" :eek:

I know some people do not like multi power. tractor cost me €4000 which I thought was a fair price....

So what is so terrible about them .

Your opinions please .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

So what is so terrible about them

Peoples opinions, thats all.

The 590 is a decent tractor but like any model it did have a few faults. Steering on any of the 500 series can be a bit of in issue if worn, and multi power needs to work correctly or else it makes the tractor difficult to drive. Cabs are prone to rust and because of the weight of the large single door, doors are often damaged, poorly aligned or missing. Independant PTO pumps can give bother and its a big enough job to replace (just did one on a 565 last week). PTO brake bands regularly fail to work properly meaning the PTO tends to spin freely a little on its own, but its a common issue and most people live with it.

The two step models were French built and the single step models are from Coventry. Most reckon that British built ones were better.

The Larger 595 however did suffer from a whole host of issues, including serious engine faults, so much so that MF actually launched a MK2 version of the 595 in order to boost sales after the issues were sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭kay 9

They won't budge heavy round bales either. Seen it first hand and was surprised tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

must have been something wrong with hydraulics . they are rated 2200kg!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Well my friends 575 couldn't lift s round bale which I was suprised at aswell

Lord jesus sure I have seen 35s lift round bales of silage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

My neighbour draws in all his bales two at a time on his 565. One on the links and one on the loader. Never any issues, although the loader stuggles when the silge is wet it'll lift them on the back no proplem, and they are McHale 5600 bales that are well packed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭9935452

There is something wrong with the 500 series that cant lift a bale of silage.
    It could be something simple like blocked suction filter or worn relief valve or the whole hydraulic system may need to be overhauled.
    I have a 165 at home which wouldnt lift a fusion bale. cleaned the filter and it would

I decided to sell the 590. was hearing too many horror stories could not afford to take the risk.....

500,600 series not for me...

I decided to sell the 590. was hearing too many horror stories could not afford to take the risk.....

500,600 series not for me...

What are you going to get instead of it ?
    All tractors will have horror stories but there are so many of those tractors around there is bound to be a few, most are fairly reliable.
    No matter what you buy there will be horror stories

9935452 wrote: »
    What are you going to get instead of it ?
    All tractors will have horror stories but there are so many of those tractors around there is bound to be a few, most are fairly reliable.
    No matter what you buy there will be horror stories

Will be a MF deffo but a 100 series like 178,188,168. I would be alot more familiar with 100 series, should be able to fix myself when/if things go wrong.

• Advertisement

Will be a MF deffo but a 100 series like 178,188,168. I would be alot more familiar with 100 series, should be able to fix myself when/if things go wrong.

500/600 series are glorified 100 series , just updated
    100 series are probably dearer too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Worst move you ever made, ye will never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

was hearing too many horror stories could not afford to take the risk

If you listened to everything you heard you be better on not getting up in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

@thelostcountry did u sell the 590?

tellmeabit wrote: »
    @thelostcountry did u sell the 590?

Yeah.

Advertisement