Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 698T ~ PTO Question

Options
  • 28-08-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

When I start the tractor the pto turns as well. It turns off itself after awhile.

This thread appears to say it's normal:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79841711

Is a new power pack needed? And if it is what would it roughly cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭case956tom

When I start the tractor the pto turns as well. It turns off itself after awhile.

This thread appears to say it's normal:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79841711

Is a new power pack needed? And if it is what would it roughly cost?

Thanks
    any massey I seen done that, that's what they do it stops after a couple of minutes,you could get the discs for it don't know the cost,i done a hyd pto in a same earlier this year I was quoted €600 for the front casting of the pto hyd pump,discs shouldn't be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 eeijlar

The 698 has the same engine as the 595 - the tractor we have. It's a 318 Perkins. The PTO turned on the 595 when we bought it, and we got it repaired, but it didn't last. About a year later it started turning again. It doesn't cause any problems but it's a little bit dangerous. PTO starts turning and will operate anything the tractor is connected to. It stops once the tractor heats up. The repair was expensive at the time but it was paid for by the guy we bought the tractor off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

eeijlar wrote: »
    The 698 has the same engine as the 595 - the tractor we have. It's a 318 Perkins. The PTO turned on the 595 when we bought it, and we got it repaired, but it didn't last. About a year later it started turning again. It doesn't cause any problems but it's a little bit dangerous. PTO starts turning and will operate anything the tractor is connected to. It stops once the tractor heats up. The repair was expensive at the time but it was paid for by the guy we bought the tractor off.

698 & 698T have different engines. As you say the 698 has the Perkins 4.318, The 698T has the vastly superior 4.236T.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kipkasper09

hey guys how are yas doing i have a clonking noise coming from the back axel of my 698t was just wondering if any of yall had ever come across this???? only started this week!!!!!! not there all the time just now and again.... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

hey guys how are yas doing i have a clonking noise coming from the back axel of my 698t was just wondering if any of yall had ever come across this???? only started this week!!!!!! not there all the time just now and again.... cheers

Check the simple stuff first like loose wheel/centre dish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement