Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline: Ethernet to WiFi

Options
  • 18-04-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right forum but it seems most appropriate. Anyway, I want to extend wifi to the other side of the house. The issue is There's no prime location between the router and the intended zone for a wifi booster. So I was hoping to get a powerline that I attach an RJ45 close to the router and have a receiver powerline in the intended zone work as an access point without the need for another RJ45.

Is this possible? I'm genuinely having trouble finding any products specifically for this purpose. I've come across Ethernet-to-Ethernet and Wifi-to-Wifi but so far nothing that deals with both.

Hope I made that clear enough. A product link or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement