Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new girl - was that a hint?

• 15-04-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, i went on a few dates (know her for 3 weeks now) with a new girl i met online... Im 27, she is 25. We live in a different town - 30 min driving apart.

On our dates (last 2 dates) we can talk for more then 3 hours about everything and anything... we clicked pretty good I think. We were on 4 dates so far.

Heres the deal... when we were on our 3rd date she said something about going on a party which will be this Saturday in some club in my town. She said she has to find a place so she will be able to spend a night over - sleep over... She will come to the party with some other friends from her town if i got it right... i know she has a male friend or two in my town where she can spend a night, but i took that as a hint... I didnt comment on that since i didnt know how to respond... so we were talking about something else after that...

Now this Saturday is coming and i dont know if i should suggest/ask her if she wants to spend a night at my place. I do not want to come across as some horny guy who is only looking for sex, but at the same time, if that was a hint and i do not respond, she may think im not into it or am inexperienced or something. The thing is that i know that some woman wants thing to go kinda fast and if you do not react the way they think you should as a man they loose interest pretty quickly... BTW we already kissed/making out but no touching private parts...

Im not one of those guys who wants to sex as soon as they can, i only had 2 girlfriends and at both times i had sex after around 6 weeks. I have no problem doing it sooner but are afraid to come across as horny guy who only wants sex. I rather just wait till im sure she wants it. I have also no problem escalating physically even though im not that experienced.

So Im asking do you think that was a hint to invite her over? How should i approach that situation, what should i text/said to her if anything?

Tnx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At the time you should have told her that she could stay at your place if she wanted. Nothing wrong with that.

Just try and bring it up in conversation, ask her if she's still heading to the party, then if she knows where she's staying. If she says she's arranged to stay with a friend then leave it. If she hasn't sorted anything yet then you know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

You've been on 4 dates, I wouldn't worry about being pushy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

text or ring her to offer her the spare bed in your place , if you don't have a spare - make one, get one.

that way she can come back with pressure and if the night goes well she can stay in yours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 369 ✭✭walkingshadow

OP, you sound like a considerate guy- just offer her a place to stay for the night if she wants to, equally no pressure if she chooses somewhere else. To be honest, I think she would find it somewhat odd if the guy she has been on a few dates with and the person whom she presumably knows best in the town would not offer her a place to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Yeah invite her to stay at yours, just cause she stays doesn't mean you have to have sex. First time might be nicer if it's not her drunk at 3am on way home from party waking you up for the ride, you asleep and sober.

• Advertisement
Advertisement