Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Balance how secure ?

Options
  • 27-02-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭

I was reading on an Immigration forum that INIS can access your account and bank balance .I always had the impression that to do this a court order was necessary or a letter from a high ranking tax official to do so. I wonder is it a breach of The Data Protection if this is possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yes, they can but who cares if you have nothing to hide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

How come if you call any Bank they will tell you they do not reveal your bank balance ?? Does INIS send them a letter requesting the balance. I think most people do not want Government Dept's looking at their accounts .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

rgossip30 wrote: »
    How come if you call any Bank they will tell you they do not reveal your bank balance ?? Does INIS send them a letter requesting the balance. I think most people do not want Government Dept's looking at their accounts .

they can only access with your consent, the way it works is you apply for something, they ask for consent, you decline, and then your application is terminated.

Advertisement