Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of books published in Ireland?

Options
  • 29-04-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Does anyone know how many books are published in Ireland in a given year? Need to know for a research project,

Thanks

bdo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

Feckin' loads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Are you counting number of titles? And if so, are you including school books and technical books? Or total number of volumes sold? And are you counting e-books?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

EileenG wrote: »
    Are you counting number of titles? And if so, are you including school books and technical books? Or total number of volumes sold? And are you counting e-books?
    Yes, the number of titles. No to including school books and technical books - I am focused on "creative writing" books (fiction/non-fiction etc). Yes, I would count e-books.

I am not interested in volumes sold (i.e. book sales) - rather the number of books written and published.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I'm pretty sure The National Library of Ireland gets a copy of every book published in Ireland so they might be able to help you out.

Here's a link to their contact page: http://www.nli.ie/en/contact-us.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 9 On The Run

bdo wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many books are published in Ireland in a given year? Need to know for a research project,

Thanks

bdo

1099 in 2007 - 120 of which were in Irish. Researched it at the time for my MA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement