Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Do I Put Monies into My English Bank Account?

Options
  • 22-02-2015 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

So I'm with Barclays in England. I'm currently in Ireland and I'm using my Irish Bank account now. I've managed to overdraw on my English Account and I want to add some monies to this account so I don't owe them anything.

I know they've a branch in Dublin. I'm not going to Dublin. Don't have online banking with my Irish Bank.

How do I add monies to this account? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Currency fair or call nationwide Ireland. They have GBP accounts that give you decent rates to wire money to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

Log on to your Barclays account, download a recent statement, you'll find your IBAN and BIC (aka SWIFT) Code at the top. With these you can transfer from Irish account to UK account (same as transferring to another Irish account except that it will arrive in GBP).

To be honest, unless it's a large amount, the rate the bank charges you won't make that much difference to the amount you receive and I find it convienient to transfer directly using online banking, though you could do it in the branch.

For larger amounts a service like CurrencyFair will give better rates.

I'd also advise you to get online banking set up. Otherwise transferring money is much more of a hassle (to visit branch and queue) and usually costs more.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have uised CurrencyFair myself to transfer money from NI to RoI accounts.

Excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have uised CurrencyFair myself to transfer money from NI to RoI accounts.

Excellent service.

CF is good, but transferwise is great (and cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Mint Aero wrote: »
    So I'm with Barclays in England. I'm currently in Ireland and I'm using my Irish Bank account now. I've managed to overdraw on my English Account and I want to add some monies to this account so I don't owe them anything.

I know they've a branch in Dublin. I'm not going to Dublin. Don't have online banking with my Irish Bank.

How do I add monies to this account? :confused:

If you don't have online banking, than you will need to go down to your local branch and do the transfer there.

if your branch is too far, and if it's a small amount and you are in a hurry (to avoid further cost), you could use western union by either dropping into a local store or do it online. They offer a service where it's going to your English Account. However be warned, your credit card company might charge this as cash advance.

Or if your post office is near you can do an Eurogiro transfer, pay cash and the money goes to your English account.

But in principle it really would be time for you to get online banking and simply do a transfer or use a currency broker for larger amounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

jameshayes wrote: »
    CF is good, but transferwise is great (and cheaper)

I think currencyfair is cheaper. Look at transferring €2k on both sides and currency fair is cheaper and offers a better raite

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They are much of a muchness to be honest.

Advertisement