Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody converting a Leisure GRB6GVC, GRB6GVK or GRB6GVR to LPG/Propane/Butane?

Options
  • 09-12-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭

Anybody converting a Leisure GRB6GVC, GRB6GVK or GRB6GVR to LPG/Propane/Butane? If so I really need the Natural Gas bits you're taking out. Will pay for the cost of your conversion kit. Bloody things are impossible to get. If you're an RGI, there's a job for you fitting them too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Try ringing the manufacturer in the UK Helpline: 00 44 845 600 4911.

You should be able to order the natural gas conversion kit from them & then get your local RGI to install, adjust & test it.

Is it second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

shane0007 wrote: »
    Try ringing the manufacturer in the UK Helpline: 00 44 845 600 4911.

You should be able to order the natural gas conversion kit from them & then get your local RGI to install, adjust & test it.

Is it second hand?

4 to 6 week leadtime on some of the parts, it was a 'prize' but feels like a curse

That's odd that if it is a prize, it would be new & if it's new it would generally come factory set to natural gas, unless it was specifically ordered as LPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Will pay for the cost of your conversion kit. .

If its a Duel fuel cooker thats fine its just the top to worry about but if its a full gas cooker then your going to need both FFD and Thermostat, quite a few bob! i'd get it on Adverts.ie and then buy a NG cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭alias no.9

shane0007 wrote: »
    That's odd that if it is a prize, it would be new & if it's new it would generally come factory set to natural gas, unless it was specifically ordered as LPG.

It was supplied by Calor
    If its a Duel fuel cooker thats fine its just the top to worry about but if its a full gas cooker then your going to need both FFD and Thermostat, quite a few bob! i'd get it on Adverts.ie and then buy a NG cooker.

At this stage I'm thinking of taking a sledgehammer to it.

• Advertisement

alias no.9 wrote: »
    It was supplied by Calor

Ah, that explains why it was pre-converted!

Advertisement