Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCIS [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's a strong part of the show. About as close to emotional we'll ever see Gibbs.
    Suitable light relief from Tony and McGee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I watched it last night. I enjoyed it. They still need another field agent though but I do enjoy the banter between Tony and McGee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Different kind of episode tonight. for once the Lawyer was decent (I know thats not the purpose of one, but again it was different)
    And Dinizoo takes Public transport lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, there was a bit more meat to it.

Next week is
    Bishop's first appearance.

Thoughts on Bishop. Too early to deliver any firm judgement, though on the intelligence analysis and mannerisms aspect she seems to be partly moulded on Claire Danes's Carrie Matheson from Homeland.
    Death of her colleague was a pretty easy in to cement her link to NCIS. Yes, it's always the idiot guy from the company selling stuff from the Navy. I'm not sure what it is about the SECNAVs on this show, but they often seem like careerist arseholes.

Plenty of pop culture references in this one as usual.

A break until Dec 10th? Pah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She has her own set of RULES.. Gibbs will be proud untill the RULES clash over something.

I like her.But a bit to quirky for me when Abby is already on the show for that. Not sure if there is room for two quirky women on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Thought this weeks episode was V Good.
    Yes Bishop is a bit too quirky and not a "Bad Girl", but I think the show will be good with her.
    Quote of the week for me:
    1424513_10151756926561937_1323814462_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just watched, left feeling a bit excited about things to come. I like Bishop, although I agree about having two quirky characters on the show. Let's hope they tone it down a bit but I don't see how they can now!

11 Episodes this season?............. REALLY?

11 Episodes this season?............. REALLY?

No there will be a full season, There is just 11 before the winter break this is what happens with US tv.

But the break this year will be longer because of the Winter Olympics taking up primetime tv in February.

• Advertisement

Good episode this week.
    More hilarity with Gibbs and Fornel.

Starting to like the new girl

Another good episode this week I thought, different from nearly all the others.
    None now till Jan 7th :-(

Gibbs and Fornell is always fun as they keep mixing up their relationship. Gibbs was a lot more animated in this one - loved it when he flopped on the couch. :pac: Big test for Bishop, she did her analytical mojo in the field.

Christmas episode was good, developments for Leon and Jimmy.

First half of a two parter with some thoughts on the whole business of using drones. Hope McGee's girlfriend is OK. Thought Gibbs's ex looked familiar, season 5 ish, iirc.

Thought it was a bit of a sad ending tonight.Maybe im just getting emotional in my old age ;-)

More surgery always meant paralysis. Just occasionally I would like to see someone from the team being benched for psychological reasons, but that's never going to happen. I liked Rachael picking up on Tim's non-answers and her line about the desk - nod to characters past and designed to cement Bishop's role. Still somewhat agnostic on her.

They benched
    Deeks in LA for psychological reasons this season.
    maybe the reason it didn't happen here.

I do like the Bishop charather but still not seeing her as part of the team. It may take the rest of the season for her to slowly blend with the others.

Is there an NCIS this week?
    According to wikipedia not till February 4, 2014

Is there an NCIS this week?
    According to wikipedia not till February 4, 2014

None for a few weeks now. This is just US TV turning a 22 week show into a 36 week show.

Now Im Sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

been avoiding this thread for a while because i was binge watching NCIS and im finally up to date, i miss ziva and tonys chemistry i have to say, and the new girl bishop is married so that rules out a romance with any of the team. I wouldnt rule out ziva to return tho the way the left it with tony going back to america and finding zivas star of david necklace would suggest that she is coming back at some stage. so far the new episodes seem to be based around bishops character, its like they have to rush with her background and the way she will fit into the team. is there only 19 episodes this season ?

I presume it's the usual 24 episodes, scheduled to conclude in May. I only really check wiki and see when the breaks are, which sometimes can be a little annoying. :P

As for Bishop, there's an inevitable settling in period with any n00b. I'm sitting on the fence as I don't think they've given us adequate 'hooks' to fully like her, yet. But, that's OK, going overboard with making her likeable would feel too forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i missed that part about bishop being married. i really need to pay more attention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Just got caught up! I love this show!!

At the risk of being controversial, hasn't tony put on a lot of weight. Camera shots are angled to show him mostly from the chest up, but in the wider shots I was like oh! Tony. I'm not saying its a bad thing but I think the attempt to hide it the way they are shooting is making it more obvious. Or am I just being paranoid.
    I like Bishop. Giving her a husband is leaving it wide open for some sort of tragedy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

SarahBM wrote: »

At the risk of being controversial, hasn't tony put on a lot of weight. Camera shots are angled to show him mostly from the chest up, but in the wider shots I was like oh! Tony. I'm not saying its a bad thing but I think the attempt to hide it the way they are shooting is making it more obvious. Or am I just being paranoid.
    I like Bishop. Giving her a husband is leaving it wide open for some sort of tragedy I think.

Yup. noticed that myself, even the actor himself said he needs to lose weight on twitter

SarahBM wrote: »

noticed that meself and auld gibbsey needs to lay off the pies too hes not chassing down the baddies anymore :D im still on the fence with bishop shes quirky and abby is enough quirky for me. something tells me the way the they mentioned that she is married quickly means there is going to be an episode about her family soon. i still miss ziva tbh

Scott Bakula set to be the lead in the new spin off set in New Orleans.

Always liked Scott and I do think he will do a better job than Kim Raver as a team leader.

Just hope it is nothing like the Red team they tried last year.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/scott-bakula-ncis-spinoff-cbs-casting/

Interesting...think a more mature lead is better than a 30 something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

oh I dont like that at all.

• Advertisement

jaysus another ncis series, i dont particually like the LA one as it is

Advertisement