Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no heat to rads from stove

Options
  • 12-03-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi new to this so go easy.
    have a dual heating systems oil and stove, i had to drain down system to add a non return valve to my circuit.Now I cant get heat to the rads from the stove but i can with the oil burner.I have tried bleeding the rads and even emptyed a couple but to no avail.There does seem to be a lot of air in the stove circuit but i dont seem to be able to push it to the rads so that i can bleed them.
    Any help or ideas thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

trocal2013 wrote: »
    hi new to this so go easy.
    have a dual heating systems oil and stove, i had to drain down system to add a non return valve to my circuit.Now I cant get heat to the rads from the stove but i can with the oil burner.I have tried bleeding the rads and even emptyed a couple but to no avail.There does seem to be a lot of air in the stove circuit but i dont seem to be able to push it to the rads so that i can bleed them.
    Any help or ideas thanks
    Where abouts did u fit the nrv? Take pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1 llarkin

Sorry for piggybacking on this thread, but i don't seem to have the option to 'start new thread'...
    We got a Stanley Tara Stove boiler fitted last month and it seemed to be working quite well - well rads and water would heat better some nights than others, but it was working! The past few nights, the rads and water are only getting luke warm and then going cold. The fire seems to start off well but then kinda dies down after a few hours and i find it hard to get it really going again - i'm using the premium stove coal - cosy glo. We don't have an air vent in the room where the stove is as there was never one there - old house. I did try however to leave the window slightly open but this made no difference. We're completely baffled - any ideas at all as to why this would be happening. Also, during the night as the heat is dying down (this was when things were working ok), after the pump had been off for a while, it might come back on several times (not sure if this is normal), when it is coming on, there is some sort of a flash coming from the built in wardrobe where the pump is - now i'm sure this isn't normal. My other half opened up the stat to make sure the wires were in correctly - one had been loose so he tightened it but this made no difference. We are currently waiting for the plumber who installed it to get back to us but i'm not sure he is very familiar with fitting a boiler version of a stove - he's used to fitting the non boiler version and didn't want to fit it in the first place - so not sure how much help, if any, he will be.
    Frustrated:(

Advertisement