Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy vol-au-vents in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-07-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,
    I looked for them in 2 Dunnes stores in city center, other shops, bakeries, nothing. I only found mini ones in Tesco, (rather expensive, 12 pieces of 6g each for 2.50€)...
    Any idea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Make them yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Were you looking in the freezers? They usually come frozen for you to bake yourself. Jus Roll make them I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Were you looking in the freezers? They usually come frozen for you to bake yourself. Jus Roll make them I think.

Agree with this. Dunnes and Tesco definitely have them. But yep, they are pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amynbe

syklops wrote: »
    Make them yourself?
    Why not, but it requires more utensils, place, time and experience that I have, unfortunately.

Thank you!
    highly1111 wrote: »
    Agree with this. Dunnes and Tesco definitely have them. But yep, they are pricey!

Looked, nothing so far in freezers...

I don't mind them being frozen or prebaked as long as they are sold bare, not pre-stuffed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Cooking & Recipes. You're more likely to get helpful replies here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Places like Donny brook Fair or Fallon and Byrne may have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Marks & Spencer might have them.

Advertisement