Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland: a list of accommodation where you can hear the sea?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Could anybody assist in compiling a list of Irish accommodation right next to the sea?

I adore the sound of the sea. Every place I go on holiday I want that sound, be it the lapping of the water outside or the crashing of waves. I'm not talking about places with "sea views", many of which are comically located with the actual sea many kilometers away.

I'm looking for somewhere (a hotel, in this case) to head to across this island this weekend. It really doesn't matter where. I just want that sound.

Places I've found so far:

Hotels:

1. Bayview hotel, Ballycotton, east Cork. Magical. I could have sat outside forever.

2. Armada Hotel, Spanish Point, Co. Clare. Aesthetically displeasing, but you can hear the sea.

3. Cliff House Hotel, Ardmore, Co. Waterford. We can but dream.

4. Cushendun Hotel. This is currently closed, but it has a gorgeous location next to the sea in an extraordinary area (the Glens of Antrim) which is still devoid of quality accommodation.

Guesthouses/townhouses/cottages/B&B:

1. ?

Can people add to this list?

Comments

Advertisement