Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Maher Leaving SPIN 1038

• 19-05-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Any news on who's replacing him? Maybe Bláthnaid from Two Tube who fills in sometimes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Hopefully not, shes a bit clueless at times. Real shame, the guys are a great combo, could have made an impact at another station quite easily. They didn't really give too much details but they said he was leaving and wasn't going to another station which is odd. He was Assistant Programme Director there too I believe and had another show on Saturday nights? Wonder what he is going to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

I really was surprised by this, especially because he doesn't seem to have a more lucrative offer and was recently promoted to Assistant PD at SPIN. The two of them are hilarious together and duos who bounce off each other so well are hard to come by. Genuine on-air chemistry and they had developed a fantastic partnership which manifested itself with great features and a naturally funny show. He's been at SPIN for ages and on the Zoo Crew for well over 5/6 years, initially with Claire Beck.

As for his replacement, please please don't let it be Blathnaid. She has no discernible personality and comes across as a bit of an airhead. She's not a radio person and I just couldn't see it working. I'm hoping Becki Miller gets it. She's been on that night show for way too long - she must be getting bored doing the TRL format by now. Also, her and Dara are already friends and the handovers between the Zoo Crew boys and her are usually funny - they'd already have a good chemistry so I could imagine that working well. In the long-term, it could also be advantageous for SPIN as Teresanne could move to TRL once Nikki Hayes returns to her mid-morning show.

Advertisement