Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adrian Kennedy show, not this morning's repeated

Options
  • 14-05-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

I know the Adrian Kennedy show, Dublin Talks, is on 98FM every morning at 10am and that it's repeated that evening at 10pm.

But can someone tell me why they're repeating shows from weeks back?

It's very misleading because if you listen to the ads for the show, it says: "This is what you missed this morning" and they play a clip of it. Then they say "Catch it again tonight", but they're not actually repeating the same show.

Currently they're playing Get it off your Chest, but one from weeks and weeks back.

This show's all over the place!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

No as far as I am aware they do a separate new show at night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

cruais wrote: »
    No as far as I am aware they do a separate new show at night

No. Granted at first when they started, they did do two shows..one in the morning and one at night but that was only for a few weeks.

It's been one show, in the morning, and then they say "Catch the show repeated tonight"...there's even ads for it on the station during the day.

But my point is, they're not playing this morning's show..they're playing a shows from weeks back, but it's not what they're advertising during the day.

It's confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mediajunkie

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know the Adrian Kennedy show, Dublin Talks, is on 98FM every morning at 10am and that it's repeated that evening at 10pm.

But can someone tell me why they're repeating shows from weeks back?

It's very misleading because if you listen to the ads for the show, it says: "This is what you missed this morning" and they play a clip of it. Then they say "Catch it again tonight", but they're not actually repeating the same show.

Currently they're playing Get it off your Chest, but one from weeks and weeks back.

This show's all over the place!

Heard the exact same thing the other day - it's really annoying - the show really is crap since going to 98

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

Thats very true, you dont know if its live or not, at night its often recordings of two seperate hours and you can tell as its not edited you can hear good morning or this morning in the night time repeats, people are phoning wasting there money and 98 get a certain amount from the texts, last Bank holiday Mondays evening the first hour was live and second hour wasnt, I knew as I had listened to it before but there trying to fool people same as FM104 Chris Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Rock Solid wrote: »
    Thats very true, you dont know if its live or not, at night its often recordings of two seperate hours and you can tell as its not edited you can hear good morning or this morning in the night time repeats, people are phoning wasting there money and 98 get a certain amount from the texts, last Bank holiday Mondays evening the first hour was live and second hour wasnt, I knew as I had listened to it before but there trying to fool people same as FM104 Chris Barry.

Starting recently, it's now live at 10am and it's a repeat at 10pm. What's the difficulty there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement