Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 4G

Options
  • 09-05-2014 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hello,

According to Vodafone's coverage map, they can provide 4G practically everywhere where I live and other providers have only limited 4G coverage.

Is Vodafone's coverage map accurate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alanapplepie

I live in Dublin north,I can get 4G network with Vodafone,but it is nothing like 10 times faster,the only thing is Vodafone 4G eats more data.I use a 3G dongle with Tesco now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭long_b

Hello,

According to Vodafone's coverage map, they can provide 4G practically everywhere where I live and other providers have only limited 4G coverage.

Is Vodafone's coverage map accurate?

Extremely inaccurate where I live.

Have just returned a dongle within the 14 day limit.
    Coverage map shows 4G outdoors in my area - turns out to still be just GPRS (G).

In this day and age it's ridiculous they get away with such blatantly exaggerated coverage claims.

They know well who's getting what where.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MichaelR

If you just tried it and saw 2G only and returned, you might actually have 4G coverage but 4G is not enabled on your account.

It happened to me - and I'm on bill pay aznad the limit is just 7 days (and it's a router, not a dongle). I first waited nearly a day to be connected, then found I have 2G, then in an hour found I have 3G. Then spent time on the phone with them twice, half an hourt eeach. As a result I got 4G enabled the next day and now get excellent coverage even though the map has me at the edge of coverage zone. (It seems that a certain tower was recently enabled for 4G but the map was not yet updated).

Their 4G service is excellent. Their data limit, inadequate. But their customer support and asystem management is the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AHireland2k11

Is this map accurate. Up to last year I couldnt even get 3g signal as I live on westmeath offaly border but now it says I can get good 4g signal. Can you get a trial without connecting your account details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

You get a 10 day no hassle return policy as far as I remember.

The map was accurate for me anyway! So happy I moved from Three who even when I showed full reception still had crappy data coverage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I couldn't get 3G in the South West but now I have 4G all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Vodafone is the best network out there for 4G availability in my experience. The data limits ain't the best but ain't the worst either I don't even care about unlimited data on my phone as long as the data I have is reliable and works fast enough for what I need.

When I was with 3 their 3G network was useless in my area and all other areas I went to I was lucky to get over 1Mb/s download during the day. Maybe when they roll out 4G faster it will be better for them but even their unlimited data deal isn't worth the annoyance of their network. Now that they own O2 it switches between 3 and O2 signal in between the switch the phone would say "No Service" for at least 1 minute . I went back to 3 hoping for better service since they took over O2 .

I'm back on Vodafone now signal quality is much better and I have 4G nearly everywhere I go will never switch to another network unless they improve their 4G signal in the country .

Advertisement