Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

blood transfusion order granted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Sadly it's their religion and their beliefs.

What happens if baby needs the blood transfusion and gets it, does the parents belief have implications for the baby then? What does there religion say if baby gets it?

Edit: will read previous thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

didn't spot it, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Sadly it's their religion and their beliefs.

Everyone is entitled to them even if you don't agree
    What does there religion say if baby gets it?

Not a lot. If its outside the parents control (which in this case it is) then there's nothing that can be said about it.

For the record i don't agree with the refusal of blood transfusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Good, I agree with the ruling. Putting one's own life in danger due to a religious belief is merely stupidity, doing it to an innocent baby who has no choice in the matter is cruel and criminal as well as stupid. Hiding behind religious beliefs is no excuse.

• Advertisement

Discussed at length here.

Gone off topic IMO.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Only right the child cant make decissions on its life at that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I do not agree with their beliefs but accept that is their beliefs, that we are all entitled to it.
    My only concern is for the child. will Baby be abandoned due to the blood transfusion or accepted regardless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Regardless of the religious / legal debate, on a basic human level, how could you allow your child’s life to be jeopardised, even an animal will fight to the death to defend it’s young.

Obviously the religious brainwashing overrides the paternal instinct and common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

DubLegs wrote: »
    I do not agree with their beliefs but accept that is their beliefs, that we are all entitled to it.
    If it was just the parents involved, then that would be fair enough. Adults refusing treatment for themselves on religious grounds is natural selection in action.

But these lunatic beliefs are being forced on a baby who has no say in the matter. Any parent who willingly lets a child die should be charged with murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You will never understand this stuff, dont even try too, you will just **** up your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's taken from some obscure parts of the bible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses#Blood
    Crazy in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If the child does require a blood transfusion and is kept by the parents imagine what it would be like for the child knowing your parents would of preferred for you to die .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Can we not just come up with some contract for all expectant parents that the childs best interests will be come first if such matters arise regardless of their religion. If they dont like it they can p**s off to some other country to have the kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

a victory this time for the God of love over the God of fear, welcome to Ireland people ... if you want to live here respect our secular authority, and the outlook of the majority.... if you don't .... take your pick, plane or boat or bus/train to N.I. .....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

If people like this would rather see their child die due to their belief then that child should be protected and be put up for adoption for the countless others that value its life.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Pythia wrote: »
    It's taken from some obscure parts of the bible.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses#Blood
    Crazy in my opinion.

Idiots.

Just....idiots.

Is it not rather clear that the line means (somewhat seinsibly) blood should not be drank? As long as the doctors dont decide to take the piss by putting the tube in a patients mouth they should be laughing.

Any JW`s read boards who would give an opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

which baby is this when did this first happen?

will Baby be abandoned due to the blood transfusion or accepted regardless?

No. Baby will be loved and accepted, regardless.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm sure if this was a rule of the catholic church as opposed to the jehovah's witnesses there'd be a real mob rule style attack here somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Certainly not from me, I'm not Catholic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

this happens my friends brother, he needed a transfusion parents let him have one and changed religion because of the backlash.
    I know its ther belief etc etc but surely the life of your child is more important imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

This happens every day. It's why I slam the door in their faces when they call, but advise them to back away from the door incase i take their nose off and they need a transfusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

pid() wrote: »
    This happens every day. It's why I slam the door in their faces when they call, but advise them to back away from the door incase i take their nose off and they need a transfusion.

LMAO.
    Thank God for this ruling.
    Hopefully the kid will now be taken from these fcuking lunatics (until they see sense atleast) and looked after properly.

Advertisement