Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunein Radio App latest update a disaster :-(

Options
  • 11-05-2014 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

As a very keen radio listener from around the world I've been using the Tunein Radio smart Phone App for years. Till now its been great and a joy to use.

Yesterday I got an update to 12.0 and what a load of cobblers it is.

It seems to be for the under 12's with loads of social media thingies.

Tried it and dumped it.

I then found the previous version on the net, downloaded it and switched off the auto update.

Its amazing how things go, a fantastic Radio listening App turned to ashes in one update.

Any views welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Agreed, it's a mess.

A big mistake trying to turn it into some sort of social network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Not much of a fan either. I'll probably just learn to tolerate the changes as I did when they suddenly decided to drop their extensive podcast support for a small range of 'Top Podcasts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Not much of a fan either. I'll probably just learn to tolerate the changes as I did when they suddenly decided to drop their extensive podcast support for a small range of 'Top Podcasts'.

There is another way out. Download an older version else where disable auto update and then you're cooking.

Advertisement