Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics club galway

Options
  • 14-01-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone know of an athletics club in Galway city that isnt too far from bohermore.

I recently moved here and am looking to take up something new.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Galway City Harriers would be your best bet in the city. We have training sessions at the track on Tuesday and a tempo session from Dangan on Saturday. There's also a regular long run from the Cathedral on a Sunday, but I know there's other informal groups do their own thing on various other nights.
    We have a fit4life group from Westside Library that started a new bunch of recruits last night, it's every Monday & Thursday and caters for a huge variety of paces, from 8min miles through to walk/jog beginners, so if you're not at the sharp end of things, you'd be sure to find a group at your pace.
    Let me know if you've any more Qs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Is it permitted to become a member of an athletics club if I'm already a member of a triathlon club? I thought I heard of a restriction a couple of years ago, maybe just my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Is it permitted to become a member of an athletics club if I'm already a member of a triathlon club? I thought I heard of a restriction a couple of years ago, maybe just my imagination.

You can do both (but why????)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

RayCun wrote: »
    You can do both (but why????)

Tri club because I want to do triathlons and because they're based in my village. Athletics club because they have a running track and tri club doesn't seem to have many running-focused members. Guess I should have just stayed in Dublin and joined the Bros ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement