Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bridesmaid Dresses

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Dresses in that colour, or specifically convertible dresses in that colour (like the dress in the picture you posted)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

wedding world in fairview have a lot of different styles and colours. There's one in galway too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Dessy would have a very good range of colours and styles.

just saw something very similar in style and colour in the window of wedding world fairview as I drove from work! maybe bit darker in color but definitely olive!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭usher1890

Thanks for the replies, the colour is a must but in a similar style. We have checked Dessy and although they do have a very similar colour they don't have that colour in any similar style dresses.

• Advertisement

annoyedgal wrote: »
    just saw something very similar in style and colour in the window of wedding world fairview as I drove from work! maybe bit darker in color but definitely olive!

I have been in contact and they said they do not stock the style and to try Dessy dress who supplies them. Having done so the colour is a match on teh site but any dresses in this style cannot be got in the colour!!

be careful of the colour on the site too. I got dessy dresses and found the online colours to look quite different when I saw them in person in the shop. you would really need to see a sample to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I'd try Allicano on Johnson Place (kind of around the back of the Stephen's Green Centre).

She has very similar style dresses and she'll order them in a whole range of colours. She has fabric swatches in the shop, pretty sure there's olive green, but you can always call her to check before heading in.

I'd try Allicano on Johnson Place (kind of around the back of the Stephen's Green Centre).

She has very similar style dresses and she'll order them in a whole range of colours. She has fabric swatches in the shop, pretty sure there's olive green, but you can always call her to check before heading in.

Might have some look we this, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Would you consider looking on etsy? I ordered one from the dainty yard on etsy and it was a little unfinished at the end but perfect otherwise. Think it was about €50? Well worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Would you consider looking on etsy? I ordered one from the dainty yard on etsy and it was a little unfinished at the end but perfect otherwise. Think it was about €50? Well worth a look.

+1 on the dainty yard, I've ordered one as a sample and it's as good as what I've seen in the shops. Tbh I saw some long infinity dresses in Pamela Scott that looked a bit unfinished too so I think for the money they're great! Think the dresses are about 35 Euro plus shipping

I also got my convertible dresses from the daintyard on Etsy. They have dresses on olive green too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Faith wrote: »
    I also got my convertible dresses from the daintyard on Etsy. They have dresses on olive green too.

I actually saw your post recommending them before Faith, that's the only reason I found them, thanks for saving me a fortune!

Oh good, glad I could help!

Thanks, I have been to etsy but cannot find the exact shade!

usher1890 wrote: »
    Thanks, I have been to etsy but cannot find the exact shade!

These are the ones I'm referring to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

What's the length like on the daintyard dresses? I want full length but I've heard they run a bit short and one of my bridesmaids is quite tall

pampootie wrote: »
    What's the length like on the daintyard dresses? I want full length but I've heard they run a bit short and one of my bridesmaids is quite tall

According to the seller:
    Length : ~45 inches
    *Length of dress measured from the elastic waist band to the hem

I got knee length ones, so I can't comment from personal knowledge. Sounds quite long to me, though. I'm 5'5, or 65 inches, so it might trail on the floor for me if I was in bare feet.

Also, you can position the waist wherever you like. It doesn't have to be on the natural waist, particularly with a tube top inside the dress (which the daintyard dresses come with). So your bridesmaid could wear the waist towards her hips to add length if she needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Great, thanks for that! Didn't see the length measurement. I might order hers first and see how it goes lengthwise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 pablo102

Would you have this dress as a part of the overall theme for your day?
    I'm asking from the wedding photographer point of view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement