Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

08 Open Astra 1.3 CDTi - Cupholder and Speakers issue

• 11-09-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be asking this in but I'm thinking of buying a 08 opel astra 1.3 CDTi and there's no cup holder!! I've looked online and there's an option to buy an armrest with a cup-holder but from feedback on it the cup-holder can't be used whilst driving! So what I want to know is, is there anyone that has or had this car and solved the cup-holder issue? I rang Halfords and they have a clip-on one that clips to the door but I can't imagine it's suitable.

Also, the car has built in bluetooth and when I was using the phone (dealer let me borrow it for the day) there was a slight crackle sometimes. The crackle was also there when I was using the stereo. It was only slight and intermittent. It's not a problem now but I was wondering if it could this be a future problem with the stereo / speakers? If so, can it be rectified?

Thanks in advance to any answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jamiemaguire

Yeh I had two of this shape astra!!! first was a 2005 one, no cup holder as such but had a square empty cubby hold behind handbreak that worked, second one was a 2008, this actually had a cup holder where the square cubby holder once was!! bit annoying actually to reach backwards for a drink though, easier when placed in front of gear stick. door holder also too small for most bottles. Both of mine were 3 door ones, not sure what one your looking at!

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭edburg

OPc's, SRi's have the cup holder in and they should just clip in and replace the cubby hole job. it should clip out after a few swear words :D You should be able to find one cheap enough on ebay/scrappy etc

I have the american Boomerang armrest in mine which is probably the one you refer to which makes changing gears little tricky with cup holder pulled out and handbrake to be honest. But I also find the cupholder being in front of me rather than behind me where the standard 1 is suits me, plus side it fits the interior better, looks better and you dont have to screw it in like many of aftermarket jobs.

Not hundred percent on speakers could be poor connection, dodgy speaker etc. Never had issue's my radio (cd30 mp3) I have changed speakers in mine as one was split on rubber and buzzed, make sure the plastic screen on door is re-glued or replaced if removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jamiemaguire

Yeh the one I had was an SRI diesel one!! who knew a cup holder could be such a vital piece of kit :)

Advertisement